Monday, January 10, 2011

My Secret

I pray at school...That's right, the one place that we are not allowed to mix church and state, I pray.  I've gone on a weekend and prayed.  I don't always know what to pray for, but God puts words on my tongue and I pray.  Sometimes I even cry for those that I'm praying for.  I've prayed for our buildings and all that enter.  I pray for our students and their parents.  And I pray for our staff.  Many times I have prayed with someone when I feel led to pray for them.  They may come to me with a problem and we sneak to a room that we will not be interrupted and I pray.  I've taken breaks and prayed with a group of teacher's in a room that nobody will be using at that time.  I've formed a prayer group with a few woman and we have brought our prayer requests and prayed together.

My heart breaks for out students, God's children.  I've not always followed Gods command to "Pray for my children".  I believe that I have heard his voice telling me just that, "Pray for my children". I was praying to God and begging him to show me what I was good for and what I could do for Him.  In a loud voice I heard, "Pray for my children".

I've learned of so many situations that our children are placed in.  Sweet, innocent children, living in difficult times, that I pray.  I believe in prayer so, God wants me to pray and He places information in front of me so I can pray.

When I'm at home, I visualize my school.  I visually go from one room to the other and pray for that teacher, their classroom of children, and anything that I feel led to pray about. 

I feel vunurable to tell my secret, but there it is, I pray.

2 comments:

  1. I pray at school too! What a blessing it is to know I'm not the only one. Sometimes it's hard when we can't express our faith as openly as we want to at a public school. I know so many parents who also pray for our students and staff. We are blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some of my most spiritual experiences have been when you and I have prayed together at school. I am so glad to know that you are a woman of faith and have taught me to be more faithful and listen to those promptings.

    ReplyDelete